Special Educational Needs and Additional Support
(For Policies, please visit our Policies page)
Who are the best people to talk to in the school about my child’s difficulties with learning/Special Educational Needs & disabilities (SEND)?
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENDCo) is Emma Dickinson
Our SEND Governor is: Mrs Gillian Matthews
Please contact the school office to speak to the above contacts on 01984 623325.
Mrs Crowe is responsible for:
Co-ordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs (SEND) and/or Disabilities and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all the children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
Ensuring that you are:
- Involved in supporting your child’s learning;
- Kept informed about the support your child is getting;
- Involved in reviewing how they are doing.
Part of planning ahead for them:
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology etc;
- Updating the school’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs;
- To provide specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so that they can help your child (and other pupils with SEND in the school) achieve the best possible progress in school.
- Cruse - Voluntary organisation which provides range of services to help people cope more constructively with the changes that bereavement may create in their lives. Their services include free information, face-to-face bereavement support for adults and children, groupwork, helplines and website.
- National Eczema Society
- I CAN - The children's communication charity.